10 Fall Activities to Welcome the Season
- Go on a nature hike: the beautiful fall foliage is the perfect backdrop for going on a hike. There are so many neat leaves and animals bustling about when the seasons change, so be sure to get out there and enjoy it! A nature hike is also a good time to gather some acorns, leaves, and pine-cones for some DIY home decor.
- Visit your local farmer’s market: farmer’s markets are well known for their fresh fruits and veggies, sweet treats, and plants, but they’re the perfect place to find the best selection of fresh, seasonal goods. You can also find unique, artisan-made goods like jewelry, art, and photographs that will make perfect Christmas gifts!
- Attend a Halloween inspired activity: if getting spooked is your idea of a good time, try visiting a haunted forest or cornfield maze. These activities are sure to get your heart rate up and have you ready for All Hallows’ Eve!
- Have a yard party: grab a blanket, some snacks, and a book and head out to the yard; being outside will improve your mood almost instantaneously.
- Go visit a pumpkin patch: going to the pumpkin patch is arguably the most well known of all fall activities. It's the perfect activity for any age and never gets old. There’s nothing like picking out your pumpkin!
- Take a weekend trip: if you live in a place that doesn’t experience and true fall season, think about taking a short weekend trip to somewhere that does. It’s always fun to explore somewhere new and the autumn season is the perfect time to do so.
- Try a new pumpkin recipe: let’s face it, pumpkin is good in just about everything, so why not try out a new fall recipe? Pinterest is full of flavorful and fun pumpkin recipes that are sure to have you satisfied.
- Rake leaves for a neighbor: with Thanksgiving just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to give back. One way of doing so is to do something for a neighbor, like raking their leaves or maybe inviting them over for a hot meal.
- Have a bonfire: having a cozy bonfire is a surefire way to get everyone in the mood for fall. It’s also the perfect opportunity to roast some marshmallows for s’mores and reminisce on the past with loved ones and friends.
- Host a family game night: there’s something about the autumn season and board games that just seem to go hand in hand. Gather some games, apple cider, and your family, and settle in for a night of laughter... with a side of healthy competition.
Want a great soundtrack while you're participating in all of these great activities? Check out our Fall Playlist on our Spotify, Infinity LWV!